[Gllug] NHSnet Choose and Book

damion.yates at gmail.com damion.yates at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 13:23:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008, tid wrote:

> The Congestion charge webpage lets you get all the way to the payment page
> and then stops with firefox. Grrr.

I've only ever paid using Mozilla or FF or various UNIX systems.

However I couldn't log in a couple of weeks back and assumed their
server was just busy.  It's always been slow and rubbish, and used to
reset your session if you switched IP addresses half way through*.  So
used the automated phone thing, it was painless as my card was already
registered.

I needed to use it 5 minutes ago and remembered this thread.  So I
tried in konquerer and tested by hand manually with openssl s_client.
Both return html when I request /cclondon/signin.aspx but Firefox just
hangs (I tried with images off too).

I was able to use it and pay by simply going via a squid proxy.  It
does seem there is an incompatibility with their https server and
firefox.

I cba taking this further right now, but if I win the lottery and so
can retire early, I will add it to my large list of campaigns :)

Damion

Damion Yates - damion.yates at gmail.com
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk