[Gllug] Unusual motherboard

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 3 22:35:55 UTC 2008

On Sun 03 Feb, James Roberts wrote:

> Chris Bell wrote:
> >    That looks ideal for a special job if I can persuade it to work, but so
> > far it has not managed to work with any disc.
>
> Hmm. Your original message said it was getting as far as the 'missing
> NTLDR' message so it sounds as if the actual disk interface is OK.
>
> It's hard to give detailed advice without seeing the thing 1st hand.
>
> It might be out of one of these:
>
> http://www.bcdata.com/mercury.html
> http://www.ftdi.com/mercurytechnology/mercuryadvantage.htm
>

> You could ask their techsupp - might luck into a geek.
>
> MeJ

   I think the second system would be most likely, and I see it is sold as a
Linux system. I suspect that someone may have tried to convert it to run M$,
hence the error message, but the floppy and two DVD drives are covered with
a very fine dust, so the installation failed. Attempting to boot anything
from either CD, DVD, or floppy fails because the drives may be faulty or
need a clean.
   I just want it to run a software mirror, rsync it overnight, and issue
files on demand without needing a permanent 24 hour internet connection.

Chris Bell NEW alternative address: chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk