[Gllug] Microsoft applies for patent to monitor workers

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Feb 29 22:47:21 UTC 2008

On 29 Feb 2008, M. Blackmore outgrape:
> system could monitor worker’s heart rates, body temperatures, movements,
> and blood pressure. Further, the system could pick up stress or
> frustration, and let the employer know the employee needed help.

Oboyoboy would it get confused by me. (Permanent adrenalin high and
crazy stress levels that bear essentially no relationship to what I'm
doing.)

> Commentators expressed their concern about privacy issues and worried
> that workers could be fired based on what the computer said they were doing.

But companies can already spy on their workers' computers like that: the
problem is already here. (The solution, of course, is banning intrusive
applications like that. Trying to un-invent things never works.)

--
`The rest is a tale of post and counter-post.' --- Ian Rawlings
                                                   describes USENET
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk