[Gllug] Odd routing problem

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Tue Feb 5 14:54:59 UTC 2008

Peter Joanes <pjoanes at hotmail.com> writes:

> On Saturday 02 February 2008 06:06, John Winters wrote:
>> Ben Whyte wrote:
>> > using the public address, <...> i want to read mail both internal
>> > to network and external
>>
>> Won't work.
>
> It will if your router is sufficiently configurable that it'll let you apply
> the port forwarding rules to internal connections (and change the source
> address to its own).
> E.g. I have a Speedtouch 780wl, which accepts the following command to achieve
> this:
> 	=> ip config natloopback=enabled

I'm curious as to why most el cheapo routers don't do this. Whether it's
a good idea or not, the sort of person who relies [solely] on an el
cheapo router is exactly the sort of person who could benefit from this.

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child", for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk