[Gllug] Oyster cards vulnerable?

Rob Crowther robertc at boogdesign.com
Fri Jan 25 14:52:02 UTC 2008

John G Walker wrote:

> If you check your payment history on the TfL website it looks like it
> does connect centrally. If you use pay as you go, which I do, it
> deducts £4 - the maximum charged for an Oyster journey - from your
> credit when you enter the tube system, then credits you with an
> appropriate amount when you leave the tube system. You're charged the
> standard rate when you get on a bus.

I don't see any pay-as-you-go history on the website, as I've always
topped that up through ticket machines at the tube station and only buy
the monthly travelcard online.  It does say something about this on the
payment website but I can't recall the exact details.

It doesn't disprove that the data is all held 'centrally', but it
implies there's more to it.

Rob
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk