[Gllug] Oyster cards vulnerable?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Thu Jan 24 09:33:20 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 07:09:16AM +0000, Christopher wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 15:49 +0000, Pete Stean wrote:
> > Hmm, I wonder if this has implications for the combined
> > Oyster/Barclaycard/£10 max swipe card they've developed...
> >

> Definitely!

How would it make the credit card transactions more vulnerable?  The
combined card places separate technologies on the same piece of plastic.
It's not as if the Oyster chip will have special access to the
chip-and-pin chip.  Using a MIFARE scanner to read and clone the Oyster
component will not give you the credit card capability.

--
Bruce

What would Edward Woodward do?