[Gllug] [OT - failing laptop display]

tid td at bloogaloo.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 12:42:21 UTC 2008

I have a fairly old Hi-grade (ha!) Ultinote laptop which has a failing display.
It's almost certainly a hardware issue and I'm loathed to spend (much)
money on replacing the display as it's a secondary box for me, but
very useful due to it's long battery life.

The display displays 'ghosting' (i.e horizontal breakup) when I browse
webpages which have a pure black background, of which there are a
fair number out there. Otherwise, it's fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to any get-arounds?
Can one filter out the <background=#000000> in any webpage easily?

Tid
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk