[Gllug] Oyster cards vulnerable?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Jan 31 23:35:29 UTC 2008

On 31 Jan 2008, t. clarke uttered the following:

> Nix wrote 'also depending on the time of day......'
>
> I did actually say 'when and where swiped...' but I guess you missed the 'when'
> bit !!

Er um yes. Er.

> I am sure you are right about signal travel time, but I was thinking about
> outlying stations having less bandwith or more contention with other traffic.

Yeah, that's possible, but you'd expect them to also have fewer
passengers than non-outlying (inlying?) stations, so the extra bandwidth
might not be used.

(Also, how much bandwidth do they need? YOu'd expect they'd have it
coming out of their ears.)

> Antone know what topology they use to connect everything up ?

I can ask in March if nobody else knows by then.

--
`The rest is a tale of post and counter-post.' --- Ian Rawlings
                                                   describes USENET
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk