[Gllug] VACANCY: IT Support Assistant - EC1

Ryan Cartwright ryan at crimperman.org
Mon Jan 14 15:13:21 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Contact a family - a national charity for families with disabled
children (and my employer) are seeking an IT Support Assistant to join
the IT team. Without prejudicing any candidate I feel it will best suit
someone with some experience in the Windows support field but who uses
Linux either at home or at work and is looking to expand (or start)
their sysadmin skills.

CVs will not be accepted - application forms only. Full details and a
job pack (including background papers) can be download at
http://www.cafamily.org.uk/jobs.html .

If you are an agency then please get your prospective candidate to
download and complete the application form.

Feel free to pass this on where you feel it is appropriate.

best regards
--
Ryan Cartwright
http://www.cafamily.org.uk/oss

Official blurb follows:
---------
IT Support Assistant
City Road, London
£24,000 - £26,024 per annum

Our busy IT team which supports our staff and services across the UK
needs additional help and we are therefore seeking someone with
significant experience of PC Support esp. Windows & Office XP.
Experience of using Linux and network and database design and support is
also required and previous exposure to web technologies would be desirable.

In addition you will also be an excellent communicator, able to explain
technical concepts clearly and concisely to non-technical staff and
handle support calls in a friendly and efficient manner.

You will be adaptable and have an enthusiastic, co-operative approach to
your working relationships. Some travel to other parts of the UK may be
involved.

Closing date: 31st January 2008
Interview date: 11th February 2008
-------