[Gllug] AverMedia TV card problem in openSuSE10.3

Emon emon at lavabit.com
Wed Jan 16 06:28:14 UTC 2008

Hi everyone

I have just installed a "AVer TV Super 007" card from AverMedia but when
I try to Scan for channels using KDETV it can't find any channel. In
YaST it shows up under "Hardware" -> "TV Card" as "SAA7133/SAA7135 Video
Broadcast Decoder" but when I try to scan channels from there it says

*********************
device has no tuner, exiting
Number of TV Stations Found: 0
*********************

So someone at my local lug suggested to do this; he says he found the
solution at some suse forum but can't remember which one :-(

**************************
"In suse you have to enter the needed values with Yast:
hardware->TV card -> Edit -> Expert settings
set Module parameters
card 57
gbuffers 2
tuner 54"