[Gllug] Oyster cards vulnerable?

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Wed Jan 30 09:14:40 UTC 2008

--------

Nix writes:

>The way to fix *that* is not to wave the card *over* the reader. Slap it
>face-down on the reader and it triggers instantly.

That's what I do, and I've never once had it trigger instantly...

>What? The thing has to suck the ticket in and spit it out. That takes a
>couple of seconds *minimum*

Wow. I'm amazed at how two people can have such wildly different
experiences. A couple of seconds? That's nearly an order of magnitude
longer than I've seen. It's been comfortably less than half a second
on average from my observation (and that's with a decade and a half
of daily commute using paper tickets, so it's not as if I'm lacking
in experience).

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk