[Gllug] exim segfault puzzle

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Wed Jan 2 23:29:35 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 09:55:37PM +0000, Richard wrote:

> It's not a very sensible option though, since the single conf file
> still seems to be built out of the multiple small files.  I can't
> quite work out when it's built from them, but it contains all the
> comments / fragments from the small files.  In any case it's not a
> true single configuration file because it's autogenerated with some
> weird macro badness.

The autogenerated file is placed in /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated.
If you create /etc/exim4/exim4.conf then the autogenerated file will be
ignored.  Personally, I don't use the debian-generated configs on
anything other than dumb satellites but the purpose of the autogenerated
file is sound enough: to allow you to add in abitrary extra mail
components (imap server etc.) without having to rewrite the main mail
config.

--
Bruce

The ice-caps are melting, tra-la-la-la.  All the world is drowning,
tra-la-la-la-la.  -- Tiny Tim.