[Gllug] win98 + postscript driver + cups + samba = ??

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Thu Jan 10 09:40:38 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

   I've been trying to get network printing working for an old windows
machine that doesn't support the new windows print driver.

The printer works fine under Linux - I have a winXP machine that can see
the samba printer share and print OK.

I understand that it should be possible to set up win98 to use a
postscript driver and get cups to print from that...

I've found this - but it's a bit long ...

http://www.linuxprinting.org/kpfeifle/SambaPrintHOWTO/Samba-HOWTO-Collection-3.0-PrintingChapter-11th-draft.html

Does anyone know of a shorter guide?

I've got the postscript driver in windows, enabled raw printing in cups

- but when I print a test page - cups claims to have completed the job
and nothing happens.

any help much appreciated.

--

Sean