[Gllug] Linux friendly mp3 player

Holger Duerer hduerer at gmx.net
Fri Jan 18 21:16:07 UTC 2008

    Karel> Hi,
    Karel> I am looking for a good mp3 player which could be used
    Karel> without any proprietary software to copy music. I would
    Karel> like the player to appear in Linux as a flash disk, so that
    Karel> I can copy files manually (thus no iPod).  Does anybody
    Karel> have any recommendation, please? I understand that iRiver
    Karel> or SanDisk should be OK.

I still have an iRiver H10 with rockbox (www.rockbox.org) which I
quite liked.  Got an iPod Classic as a present but getting
sufficiently hacked off with the crappy interface that I am
considering to go back (the larger disk space and video capability are
holding me back).

Basically anything running rockbox should be fine and good.

          Holger
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk