[Gllug] Gmail struggling with spam?

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 4 10:23:44 UTC 2008

On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 09:18:53 +0000 Tethys <sta296 at astradyne.co.uk>
wrote:

> --------
>
> John Winters writes:
>
> >In the couple of years I've had a gmail account I've never had a
> >spam e-mail make it through to my inbox.  Now in the last week I've
> >had 4. Not a lot I know, but is anyone else seeing this increase in
> >spam getting past gmail's filters?
>
> Yes. I've always had a small amount of spam in my gmail inbox, but
> it's been getting more common of late. It's not just gmail, either.
> In the last week or so, I've had more that's getting past my own
> prefilter + bogofilter setup at home, too.

I, on the other hand, have seen a fall in stuff getting through my
bogofilter setup in the last week, after a slight increase before
Christmas. It's gone from 2-3 per day to 3+ per day to <2 in the last
week.

I think this sort of variation is inevitable with a Bayesian filter.
What sort of filter does gmail use?

--
 All the best,
 John