[Gllug] Wrong cpu speed on cpuinfo - slow bogomips

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Thu Jan 31 18:52:26 UTC 2008

Just got a new server from oneandone and the /proc/cpuinfo looks wrong.

Anyone know if there is something I can do to take it out of slowmo?

(Snipped out some of the info.)

On the server I checked the /proc/cpuinfo

Athlon X2 4400+. 1GHz, 2010 bogomips

  cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 107
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 1000.000
cache size      : 512 KB
cpu cores       : 2
bogomips        : 2010.93
TLB size        : 1024 4K pages

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 107
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 1000.000
cache size      : 512 KB
cpu cores       : 2
bogomips        : 2010.93

Look at this from another server II package I manage.  Note the CPU MHz
and bogomips

Athlon X2 dual core 4200+. 2.2GHz, 4430.2 bogomips

cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 75
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
cpu MHz         : 2210.066
cache size      : 512 KB
cpu cores       : 2
bogomips        : 4430.22
TLB size        : 1024 4K pages

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 75
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
cpu MHz         : 2210.066
cache size      : 512 KB
cpu cores       : 2
bogomips        : 4432.31