[Gllug] Open Source for beginners

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 24 22:20:02 UTC 2008

On Thu 24 Jan, Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote:

> On Jan 24, 2008 1:27 PM, Chris Bell <chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >    Thanks for the info. I have been asked by London Borough of Ealing IT
> > support department for any examples of training facilities for beginners
> > wishing to learn more about OSS, actually provided by local government.
>
> There is a student version of the document as well, in case you were
> teaching a course and didn't want to give out the answers :-)  Good
> luck with your training...

   I am trying to convince the local council that they should provide help
with OSS as well as M$. They provide a range of courses aimed to teach users
how to use M$ mouse buttons, but little else. I do not care whether initial
help is in the form of formal courses or simply help towards a user group,
but if they can provide help for a commercial enterprise which ought to
provide its own tuition from the fees charged, then they should do at least
the same for FOSS.

Chris Bell NEW alternative address: chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk