[Gllug] Facilities for Free Open Source Beginners

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 17 08:32:00 UTC 2008

On Thu 17 Jan, Chris Jones wrote:

> Hi
>
> Chris Bell wrote:
> >    Any suggestions gratefully received. If anyone in the area thinks that
>
> A couple of PCs running Ubuntu and some copies of the newly Free'd
> Ubuntu Desktop Course :D
>
> Cheers,

   Yes, but how do you get the message across? The person at Ealing Adult
Learning has not heard of anything other than Microsoft, previous experience
shows that people are unwilling to even try running something like Knoppix
on their own box because of possible problems, so I feel that something like
the University Lab facilities are required so that people can try
installing, configuring, and perhaps making mistakes, on other hardware.
   One possibility would be a community computer club.

Chris Bell NEW alternative address: chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk