[Gllug] Reply-To Header Mangling (was: Bruce Perens in London...)

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Wed Jan 30 22:10:03 UTC 2008

Arghhhh! Bloody Reply-To Header Mangling -- I hate it.

If I'd have wanted to reply to the list I'd have used the group reply
facility that all decent MUA's use, but I instead used the individual
reply and was rather hoping that it would go to the sender of the message.
</rant>

That's better -- feel free to ignore the previous message, and most of
this one :-)

I do realise that some mailing lists use Reply-To mangling, so _normally_
am fairly careful about checking the To: address before hitting the send
button.

This does make me think that I could do with a "If it's a list, and it
has Reply-To: set to the list, then only honour that for group reply" rule
embedded in my MUA -- time for a bit of googling about mutt, I suppose.

Cheers, Phil.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk