[Gllug] Oyster cards vulnerable?

J. Dudley Swale jackds at clara.co.uk
Sun Jan 27 23:24:52 UTC 2008

On Sunday 27 January 2008 20:27, John G Walker wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 20:16:16 +0000 Christopher Currie <ccurrie at usa.net>
> wrote:
> > I'm sorry: it's changed since some time last year, when a colleague
> > of mine specifically could not use her Oyster on a national rail
> > route that she wanted to use regularly.
> You can't use pay-as-you-go Oysters on National Rail. Maybe this is
> what you mean.
> You've always been able to use seaso9n ticket Oysters on national rail
> services that take paper season tickets,
>  All the best,
>  John
We do not have such a thing as national Rail anymore. The acceptability of
Oyster now depends on the train operator on that Route.
For example from Clapham Junction they are valid on the line to Watford
Junction but not on any of the other routes which are all run by South West
Trains who do not accept  them.

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk