[Gllug] Editing .wav of vinyl record into tracks

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Thu Jul 10 16:05:56 UTC 2008

Hmmm, Audacity seems to be a suitable tool but it suffers currently from
incomplete documentation.

Can anyone point me at a beginner's guide which will cover the real
basics - like how to select a chunk of audio, how to make marginal
changes to that selection, and how to play, say, the last 5 seconds of
your selection?

I can manage a basic selection with click and drag, but I can't induce
the rules about how exactly this behaves.  Sometimes if I then click
play it plays just the selection, but when I hit stop it also clears the
selection and I'm back to square one.  There seem to be several cursors
involved.

The manual seems to be a work-in-progress and contains little notes to
the authors to tell them to cover this sort of thing, but it's not there
at the moment.

TIA,
John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk