[Gllug] Is_Talktalk_linux-friendly

Alistair Mann gllug at lgeezer.net
Tue Jul 15 00:00:59 UTC 2008

- Tethys wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Alistair Mann <gllug at lgeezer.net> wrote:
>
>> Pipex have been the most tenacious at resolving problems of any of
>> the providers I've seen, for what's that worth
>
> FWIW, I've seen the complete opposite. While it's true that they used
> to be pretty good, they're not any more. Since they were bought by
> Tiscali, the service has deteriorated noticably, and the technical
> support department might as well not exist. I struggle to get them
> to even understand the problem, let alone acknowledge it and attempt
> to fix it.

I did hear of one similar experience; I put it at the time down to a
serious case of the gripes -- I'll watch out for them in future, thanks.

My experience was with a client of mine who could not get cable in her
street, could not share someone else's wireless, and had very frequent
disconnects of the no-filter installed sort. Only there were filters
everywhere, yada yada yada. Eventually, it turned out to be some
elusively obscure problem at the exchange. Throughout, pipex had someone
keeping her uptodate with progress, were constantly on at BT to get the
problem sorted (which they eventually did), and last I heard, had
refunded her the entire period.

For similar circumstances in future, I'm attracted to the idea of mobile
broadband now it can be so cheap.

Cheers again,
--
Alistair Mann