[Gllug] Vacancy: Linux Sysadmin, Desktop Sysadmin, MySQL DBA etc (LONDON)

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Tue Jul 8 10:27:47 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Martin A. Brooks
<martin at hinterlands.org> wrote:

> The current policy is the "best fit" I've come up with from all the
> opinions on this topic I've seen over the years.
>
> I welcome any and all suggestions for improvements, especially from such
> a well respected person as yourself.

Okay, I'm wearing my flame proof underpants on this one, but would it
not be easier to create a separate jobs list at gllug.org.uk and let
people subscribe to that?  Perhaps have somebody moderate it for posts
to ensure that the policy is adhered to before any posts are let out
into the wild?  I can see several disadvantages of this - namely that
there probably isn't enough job postings to justify the extra
resources needed for starters, but then again almost job vacancies
posted attracts comment (and I'm very guilty in this respect).

M.
--
Martyn Drake
http://www.drake.org.uk