[Gllug] Restricting the number of child procs

Frazer Irving superfraz at clumsyjedi.com
Fri Jul 4 14:27:30 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

I'm currently having trouble with a Perl script running on a Solaris server.
The script forks quite a bit and it seems that when the server is under any
sort of load the fork calls fail, and all manner of hilarity ensues. I don't
have access to the solaris machine (or any solaris machines) but I was
hoping to reproduce the problem on a linux box.

I guess what I was hoping for was some kind of jail that I can create and
run my script in, where I could control the number of child process that can
be spawned. Is this possible? If someone could point me towards some docs I
would be very grateful.

Cheers

Frazer