[Gllug] Vacancy: Linux Sysadmin, Desktop Sysadmin, MySQL DBA etc (LONDON)

james jt at camalyn.org
Mon Jul 7 10:21:18 UTC 2008

i hold my hands up regarding the fact that the subject line of my post
was prefixed with VACANCY rather than ADVERT.

whilst the policy does read "no postings from agencies" the next
sentence reads somewhat differently.

we do not strictly offer an agency service - but instead a consultancy -
its different.  i.e. for example, we spend time with our clients
(sometimes on-site and socially outside the office, for example bowling
nights) to gauge an appreciation of the type of people that would fit
into the team our client is hiring for.    we are also technical
ourselves which helps as we like be able to hold intelligent
conversations with our clients and candidates.

there was nothing in the commercial posting policy that referred to
consultancies.