[Gllug] Obtaining ascii wep key fron hex key

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Sat Jul 12 20:21:08 UTC 2008

Hello All

The situation is as follows: I have a wireless AP which will only accept a hex
wep key. A good friend often visits and would like to use the connection when
he's here but Windows will only dive him the option of entering the
16-character ASCII key. Does anyone know of a program or script to derive the
ASCII from the hex? (I'm assuming the two can be converted between.)

Cheers

Dylan

p.s. Yes, I know wep is not so secure so there's no point telling me.
--
“ ‘... but there is so much else behind what I say. It makes itself known to
me so slowly, so incompletely! ...’ ”
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk