[Gllug] Difference between svn: and svn+ssh: on the server

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Tue Jul 29 14:58:10 UTC 2008

I've just been trying to access an svn server using svn+ssh (because the
server is behind a firewall which doesn't allow pure svn traffic).  I
had difficulty accessing it so I tried again from inside the firewall
and got this (to me) surprising result:

john at thecus:~$ svn list svn://svn.sinodun.org.uk/xronos
slicecode/
timetabler/
timetabler.2006/
timetabler.preIoW/
john at thecus:~$ svn list svn+ssh://svn.sinodun.org.uk/xronos
svn: No repository found in 'svn+ssh://svn.sinodun.org.uk/xronos'
john at thecus:~$

Why does using an ssh tunnel mean I can no longer access the same
repository?

TIA,
John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk