[Gllug] Guardian says Firefox is rubbish

George caparo.g at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 14:14:45 UTC 2008

On Sunday 06 July 2008 13:31:46 Caroline Ford wrote:
> I haven't had any of these problems tbh.
>
> Caroline
>

> > Actually part of me actually agrees (Without reading the article), the
> > Latest version of Firefox (3.0) has serious flaws.
> >
> > 1. You can only run it once at a time,
> > 2. If your machine get switched off or firefox is not closed
> > "correctly" firefox will not start again with out removing some very
> > difficult to find lock files.
> > 3. If you do remove these locks you will lose all your bookmarks and
> > the url bar will stop working properly.
> > 4. Its written in probably the worst scripting language ever invented,
> > If it was pure Javascript it would be better.
> >
> > But IE is no better really, just with different failings....
> >
> > Peter
> > --

hi,
 I have version 3 on a Kubuntu box running 8 GUI terminals 3 of which are
virtually permanantly open with Firefox.

If the box is inadvertantly shut down (wife & new Vacuum cleaner ) the box
restarted and firefox came up with "do you want new sessions or restore old
sessions

URL bar and book marks are fine from day one

--
Geo
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk