[Gllug] Is_Talktalk_linux-friendly

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 08:58:22 UTC 2008

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:01:32 +0100 "Michael G Fletcher"
<mgfletcher at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm gonna throw my 2c in here as well.  I am a Sky customer, and for
> £5/month (plus the BT line rental of £11/month) they have been
> brilliant!  Plus I just moved and my line is now getting about 6.5mbps
> :-) I regularly download iso's and listen to internet radio for hours
> at a time, and have never had any warnings about my 40GB cap. (plus
> for £10/month you can get up-to-16mbps and unlimited cap - yes yes,
> subject to fair use and all that jazz)

Be grateful nothing has gone wrong. I've had to talk to Sky technical
support on behalf of a neighbour, and they don't know anything. If it
doesn't fit their script, they have to pass you on to someone who knows
very little. And that's where it stops. I found I knew more about email
than them, and I'm not an IT professional.

My 2p is that they're hopeless,

--
 All the best,
 John