[Gllug] Virtual disk allocation advice requested

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Fri Jul 4 00:10:59 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 12:11:16AM +0100, Jose wrote:
> All the below reasoning is correct, but virtualization relies heavily
> in the assumption that hardware is so fast that such considerations
> are not necessary in most cases.

That's a pretty broad statement and I really don't think that holds
true across the board, nor see why it should.  People can choose to use
virtualization for a variety of reasons and may not have the luxuries
you seem to be taking for granted.  I've certainly seen virtualization
configurations deployed in circumstances that were CPU-rich, so to
speak, but I/O poor.  For a lot of tasks, this will not matter.

--
Bruce

Explota!: miles de lemmings no pueden estar equivocados.