[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Systems Support for Unit.tv

Rich Walker rw at shadowrobot.com
Thu Jul 3 14:48:55 UTC 2008

James Roberts <jr at stabilys.com> writes:

> Martyn Drake wrote:
>>> Location: SOHO, Central London, W1T 3BT
>>> Employer: http://www.unit.tv
>>> Salary: ~£16.5K DOE
>>
>> Good grief!  I knew salaries in the post production industry were bad,
>> but that's just outrageous.  Even around the 19k mark would be seen as
>> slap in the face.
>
> Actually I find that quite high for the current outlook... we don't pay
> that much for juniors (more like 12k).

That's actually *less* than the weighted minimum wage for
London. (£7.20 in 2007 - see
http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor/economic_unit/docs/a_fairer_london_2007apr.pdf).

Have you thought of just enslaving them instead? It seems more honest,
as at least that way they'd get fed, clothed and sheltered...

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadowrobot.com
technical director     251 Liverpool Road   | skype: rich_at_shadow
need a Hand?           London  N1 1LX       | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk