[Gllug] Checking file lists and creating PDF

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Sat Jul 5 17:25:25 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I've got a directory which now contains around 4000 files. They are scans of
the pages of my notebooks, diaries and sketches. Each one is jpeg, they are
all the same size (dimensions) and are numbered sequentially from 0001.jpg to
4265.jpg. I have two things I need to to do with these files:

A - some files have "gone astray" in the processing, and I need to discover
which pages have to be re-acquired. Any suggestions as to how to do this
easily without trawling through the ls looking for missing numbers?

B - Once the missing pages have been sorted out, I want to compile them into a
set of PDF docs - I think 100 pages per PDF for ease of navigating. What
packages should I look at to get this done?

Cheers

Dylan
--
“ ‘... but there is so much else behind what I say. It makes itself known to
me so slowly, so incompletely! ...’ ”
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk