[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Systems Support for Unit.tv

Iain Gray iain.dv at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 4 07:11:33 UTC 2008

2008/7/4 t.clarke <tim at seacon.co.uk>:
> Are not comments to the effect that an offered salary is ludicrously low
> reasonable feedback?   After all, if the advert should get no replies, the
> advertiser might like to know why !

Yes I too think it's reasonable to discuss an advert. Having posted
here before for vacancies I was grateful for the responses about the
ad as much as the applications.

I just can't see how you can post a salary in a job ad anyway. The way
my company works is we have a maximum we know we want to pay, but you
can't post that cos everyone will think thats the salary. We then look
at each candidate and decide what they are worth to us and offer that.
Lets take this role where the salary was 16K. What if someone was
junior, but just downright good or would fit into the company well,
but was looking for say 21k minimum. This person would be put off from
the applying all for a measly 5k a year - that is less than the cost
of the office space they would take up if your offices are in Soho!!
By putting a cap on what you are offering you are putting off people
who you might employ if they were to apply.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk