[Gllug] DVB-T on Debian

Ashley Evans ashley at k2.com
Fri Jun 6 13:57:23 UTC 2008

Phil Reynolds wrote:
> Is there a readily-available TV card that will receive Freeview on a
> system running Debian etch, preferably using free software?
>
> (I am not necessarily after one immediately but do need to make plans
> for the day when my analogue card gives up.)

Hi Phil.  Since 2002 I've used the Hauppage WinTV Nova-T.  This is known
as a "budget" card as it doesn't have hardware mpeg2 decoding but it's
worked flawlessly for me.  Back when I first got it I had to build
drivers from cvs against the kernel source etc etc but for the last
couple of years it's worked out of the box.

I don't recall my experience with Etch specifically but this card has
ran on various Debians and Debian-derivatives (Woody -> Ubuntu 8.08)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk