[Gllug] VACANCY: Chief Technical Officer

william pink will.pink at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 12:08:15 UTC 2008

Hello All,

I am not a recruitment consultant far from it (I'm a Linux sysadmin!) but
there is a role that will be coming available at my current employer in the
near future which may interest some of you, Here are the more in depth
details

                                                              Job
Description – CTO
 Role purpose
 Leadership and strategic management of the company's information
technology, including
 website and software developments; systems and infrastructure – both
internal and
 external facing.
 •    Technology Leadership. Providing vision and innovation for all areas
of
      technology development. Staying ahead of the curve; predicating the
next
      best thing and future-proofing our technology. Analysing and
prioritising
      developments, discovering opportunities and ensuring a pro-active and
      innovative approach to our work
 •    Planning and Delivery. Responsibility for delivery of all
technical-related
      projects including new developments of new websites and software
alongside
      ongoing enhancements
 •    Corporate Leadership. As part of the Executive Team, there is shared
      responsibility for ...
Key Tasks:
Innovating
1    Primary responsibility for technological thought-leadership in the
organisation.
2    Horizon-scanning on knowledge, particularly around new platforms
(mobile,
     video, digital, social networks, etc)
3    Ensuring the right environment for innovation exists within the IT
Division
Planning
4    Overall responsibility for producing and maintaining the technology
road map,
     ensuring a strategic approach, innovation and good practise are all
reflected.
5    Contribute to the overall business planning work of the organisation,
with
     particular responsibility for the technology work stream.
6    Prepare development plans and business proposals including budgets and
     delivery time estimates.
7    Set team and individual performance targets
Delivering
8    Overall responsibility for delivering the on the technology roadmap.
9    Facilitate and enable good project management and agile software
practices,
     enhancing business communication to provide user scenarios for
     developments.
10 Ensure the three teams in the IT Division are delivering their programmes
     effectively, with good cost control, timely delivery and to a high
quality.
11 Maintain a high level of security across all technical systems and
software
     services
12 Ensure that the interface between the IT team and the Client Services and
     Consultancy Services is effective and customer focused.
Leading and Managing
13 Lead and develop the staff team. This will include clear objective
setting and
     regular feedback; effective induction and training; managing attendance
etc.
14 Represent the organisation externally, including work on new business
     propositions, networking, attending and speaking at conferences and
events.
15 Establish and nuture relationships with external clients, vendors,
out-sourced
     developers etc.
16 Ensure that all projects are properly evaluated and approved in
accordance
     with delegated authorities.
17 Report to the Board as required.
18 Manage the IT budget effectively and complying with financial
regulations.
19 Maintain IT departmental risk map and manage risk appropriately
20 Carry out H&S risk assessments as required.
Person specification
What you've done so far in your career...
· Significant experience in managing IT teams in either a web development or
   systems management environment.
· Exceptional hands-on experience with software development or systems
   management
· Experience of Agile software development and Scrum based project
   management
What do you know....
· Thorough awareness of the current technology for web development and a
   passion to seek and discover information on what the future holds.
· Network infrastructure hosting
· Approaches : Agile & Scrum methodologies
· Technologies : Apache, Ruby, Rails, scripting languages, Linux
What are you like....
· Creative
· Driven
· Lots of initiative
· Pro-active, self-starter
· Team Player
· Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills

>From a personal point of view it is a great company to work for and has some
great opportunities to offer

The location is Whitechapel in London and I am unsure of the salary at the
moment but I can find this out in due course

If you are interested in the role just email me your CV and details and I
shall forward the information on.

Many Thanks,
Will