[Gllug] SSL Termination and Reverse Proxy

Stephen Nelson-Smith sanelson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 06:44:12 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm deploying a pair of machines which will terminate SSL connections
and then reverse proxy to a pool of webservers.  Hardware will come
from Dell, so will either be an R300 (single socket, Intel) or an
SC1435 (two socket AMD).  I'm trying to decide whether, for SSL
termination purposes, I'd be better going for 2 x quad core opterons
or a single, much faster intel quad core machine.  So.... 8
comparatively slow cores, or 4 much faster ones.

Ideas / opinions?

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk