[Gllug] ssl certs

Sean Burlington sean at practicalweb.co.uk
Wed Jun 11 12:04:38 UTC 2008

countd wrote:
> Can anyone advise about ssl certificate procurement? Preferably as
> cheap as possible - it's for the webmail for a tiny company - am not
> prepared to start shelling out $500 annually for it but on the other
> hand I'd like to solve the problems that the users encounter with self
> signed certs.
>
> Many thanks.

I got mine from https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/ssl/ssl.asp?ci=8901#tb

cheap - and it worked for me :-)

It's an entirely online process

I think I had to set up a dns record as per their request to prove I
owned the domain - and then I could download the cert.

I'm only using it for private use - but you can view a secure 403
forbidden page here:

https://www.practicalweb.co.uk/

if you want to check browser acceptance.

--

Sean Burlington

www.practicalweb.co.uk
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk