[Gllug] Changing permissions on removable media

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 23 18:11:06 UTC 2008

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 15:07:05 +0000 "Martin A. Brooks"
<martin at hinterlands.org> wrote:

> John G Walker wrote:
> > Why not? My tiny brain was under the impression that root could do
> > anything. And, anyway, how do I sort out the permissions on a piece
> > of removable media?
> >

> Mounted read-only?  Or mounted with "errors=remount,ro" and there are
> errors?

Good question. It gets auto mounted. I've not done anything special to
actually mount it. It's just there, in the media folder, when I boot
the machine.

Maybe I should, specifically do something if I want to keep in control.
But where would I do that? Fstab? And how?

--
 All the best,
 John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk