[Gllug] Was - Re: Anyone using Virgin Media? - Virgin destroyed Telewest

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Sat Mar 8 22:27:29 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 23:22 +0000, Christopher Hunter wrote:

> I'm about to ditch my VM account.  They have decided to forward all
> browsing data to "Phorm".  The security implications of this have
> obviously been either overlooked or ignored by VM.
>
> Since the merger of Telewest and NTL, and the re-naming, the service has
> deteriorated to the point of uselessness.  I'm just waiting for VM to
> release my phoneline back to BT...
>
> C.

C,

I am now on BeUnlimited and have found them pretty decent - naturally
more outages 'cos it's DSL but the speed is really good (on BePro - just
under 17M down and 2M up).

Trouble is if you do have a problem with noise they always, always try
to raise your SNR margin even if you've been chugging away fine on 3.5db
for months and it's suddenly gone to hell. However all the times so far
that's happened I've just waited a few days for the RF interference to
go away and it has gone back to normal.

If you want to pay a bit more for impeccable customer service there is
always Zen - but not sure if they have caps these days.

Alex

--
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain
confidential information.  Unless you are that person, you may not

"Transact" is operated by Integrated Financial Arrangements plc
Domain House, 5-7 Singer Street, London  EC2A 4BQ
Tel: (020) 7608 4900 Fax: (020) 7608 1200
(Registered office: as above; Registered in England and Wales under
number: 3727592)
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (entered on
the FSA Register; number: 190856)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk