[Gllug] convert .ts files to MPEG

michael norman michaeltnorman at ukfsn.org
Mon Mar 3 18:48:42 UTC 2008

On Monday 03 March 2008 17:06:26 Tethys wrote:
> --------
>
> michael norman writes:
> >Excellent, that gets me mpg files, what I need now is a Linux app to edit
> >them.  Any ideas anybody ?
>
> 	http://lwn.net/Articles/261820/
> 	http://lwn.net/Articles/262985/
> 	http://lwn.net/Articles/263387/
>
> Part 2 would appear to be the one most relevant here. The only one
> I've tried is LiVES, after Gabriel's GLLUG talk about it, but I have
> to say, I ran into some of the same issues as Jon. It shows a fair
> amount of promise, but for me, the user interface gets in the way of
> trying to get things done, and it's just not there yet...
>
> Tet

Thanks for that, I had (as a LWN subscriber) read those articles before I
started on this.  It struck me that there are all sorts of tools in this
field, none of which seem to be particularly easy to use.

I'll have to look at the various options and see if I can find one which will
do what I want that is to edit out the adverts on the non bbc stuff to make
it easier to watch on th pc

Mike
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk