[Gllug] clamd problem

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Sun Mar 23 14:29:27 UTC 2008

Hi

I have updated clamd recently to the recommended version from 'volatile'

This solved the problems of clamd taking forever to start up.

However, I am now seeing occasional clamd restart failures.
What it is logging is that it has detected a database modification.
It then logs reading databases form /var/lib/clamav
and then a abt a minute or so  logs  reload db failed - unable to lock database
directory.
After three atempts it then dies (cleanly).

I have no idea why it should be unable to lock the database.
There is nothing in the freshclam log to indiate that the database were
updated by freshclam.

Any ideas on how to solve this ??

thanks
Tim

This E-Mail (and any files transmitted with it) is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received it in
error please notify the sender and delete the message.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk