[Gllug] Old type versus new ADSL?

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Wed Mar 19 17:37:05 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 05:23:26PM +0000, MJ wrote:
> Hello
> Well, some ISP have clause where they offer legacy ADSL 512K, 1Mb or 2Mb fixed.
> I have had good time with it where my ADSL IPCop has had multiple reboots per evening
> running 2Mb over ADSL2. Would legacy bee more stable?

Hi
What do you mean by the "ADSL IPCop" having multiple reboots?

Do you mean the ADSL stops traffic, that an ADSL router/modem is being
rebooted (by you or ISP) or that an IPCop firewall is being rebooted
(by you or ISP)?

If you are having problems with an ADSL then it would be odd that you
have to reboot an IPCop firewall to fix it.