[Gllug] [ANNOUNCE] Gllug meeting, 15th March 2007

Dan Kolb gllug at eco.li
Thu Mar 13 10:23:21 UTC 2008

Updated: I've now got an abstract for the final talk, which is as follows:

John Hearns and Mark Kenton - Beowulf Clustering

Some of the history behind High Performance Computing (HPC) with Linux, and how
it has come to dominate the supercomputing market.  Mark and John will be
showing how Streamline Computing build, install and monitor some of the most
powerful compute clusters in the UK. These are used in fields as diverse as
astrophysics, high energy physics, computational chemistry, fusion research,
medical research, car engine design, aerodynamics, jet engine design and crash
modelling.  We will demo our Linux Cluster Monitoring Appliance, which does
lights-out management and health monitoring for clusters and discuss our new
SAFE deployment framework for clusters and general purpose server farms.

Dan
--
The voters have spoken, the bastards ...
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk