[Gllug] VACANCY: Linux SysAdmin / Web work

Gllug Job gllug.vacancy at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 19 18:00:06 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 5:18 PM, John Edwards <john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk>
wrote:

> Maybe it's because they don't read the FAQ?
>  http://www.hinterlands.org/gllugfaq/#id2576192
>
> Not giving a company name might be understandable if you are an
> agency, but you say you're not. Also you avoid any hint as to the
> nature of the business, which is very odd and breaks the above rules.

The business  is an antiquarian bookshop, aligned through the owner's other
interests to an auction house. Perhaps I should have done this more
transparently, but I didn't really foresee the need to start plugging the
company name all over the place. Unless any of you collect rare and somewhat
overpriced books.

So why not give your company a little publicity by spreading the name
> and nature of your company? Maybe someone on this list might need your
> services?

Ummm.. maybe.

> And the salary seems low for Central London considering the wide range
> of skills you want.

 It's a free market. And the skills are a guideline really - what I am
looking for is someone who roughly fits the mould, is enthusiastic about
Linux (hence the list posting), and wants to work in a non-corporate
environment.