[Gllug] Free to a good home - old switches

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Sat Mar 1 12:03:31 UTC 2008

> On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 21:22:43 +0000
> Matthew King <matthew.king at monnsta.net> wrote:
>> > I've not got the model details yet (can get tomorrow), but theres four
>> > or five rack mounted 48-port 10/100mb ethernet switches, some of which
>> > have fibre modules. All can take them, but I'm not sure what
>> > availability's like.
>>
>> I'd love to get my hands on one of these. One without fibre as I've no
>> use for it (more's the pity[1]) and it would be more useful with someone
>> who does.
>
> I've got one here sitting on my desk with your name on it. My desk is
> in St Ives House, SE1 0NX. Lavington St is closed where it meets
> Southwark St at the minute. When do you want it?

This seems to be a reply to me (I've none in my inbox) but directed for
whatever reason to the list. Fine. However, I'm sure that Caroline
replied before I did. I don't know about Karanbir.

I'm not desperate for a new switch by any means and it's no big deal for
me to wait, so shunt me down the list as appropriate.

> Though it's branded as 'Bay Networks' Rather than 'Nortel Networks' -
> I presume you've no particular brand loyalty? ;)

Not in the slightest.

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child", for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk