[Gllug] Still struggling to set up IPv6 on a debian etch box

damion.yates at gmail.com damion.yates at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 00:10:58 UTC 2008

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Richard Jones wrote:

> > > Which Netgear model is it?
> >
> > DG834G (version 3 IIRC)
>
> So this has everything and is based on AR7.  Please let us know if
> you get this working.

You can also get a shell http://www.galliford.org/dg834g/.  Once at
the shell you should be able to use iptables and configure it to let
through whatever you like.  Use a UPS to keep it up like this.

I have a wrt54g which I hack after power-on, to run an sshd in ram.
Once on I start a very complicated socksified netcat and pppd over tty
session.  This provides me with normal Internet on a network that
would otherwise be quite restricted.  I rely on a UPS to keep the
thing in this state and it's extremely reliable.  I have the option of
flashing the device so it keeps this configuration, but I'm too scared
of bricking it.

Damion

Damion Yates - damion.yates at gmail.com
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk