[Gllug] Anyone using Virgin Media?

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Sat Mar 1 11:13:45 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 10:26:35AM +0000, Justin Perreault wrote:
> Anyone here using them for their broadband over their fibre-optic lines?

I am with Virgin on their XL (20Mb/s) package and it's great. I have had
very little downtime, and I get the full 20Mb/s most of the time (when I
bother to check).

> How does the service compare with other providers you have used?

For me ADSL was apalling. I was paying for "up to 8Mb/s" and frequently got
less than 1Mb/s. After some to/fro with ISP and BT nobody sorted it so I
gave up and switched back to cable. For me, it's great. YMMV.

If using ADSL though, I'd recommend UKFSN.

Cheers,
Al.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk