[Gllug] mysql source install upgrade

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Mar 29 23:09:05 UTC 2008

Aaron Trevena wrote:
> Yes, but being forewarned of issues makes the difference between doing
> the test and live upgrade tomorrow as well as myisam to innodb
> conversion or just the latter.

Apart from the fact that you loose fulltext capability in innodb, I dont
think there is any major issue in converting db engines. also, I guess
you have reasons to move from one to the other, so would have already
done a feature comparison and decided that innodb did give you what you
need.

Also, are you doing a dump + reload with the changed create table
definitions or doing the conversion in-place on the live db ?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk