[Gllug] need a password manager for passwords I do not care about

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Thu May 15 08:56:59 UTC 2008

Justin Perreault <justinperreault at dl-jp.com> writes:

> I am tired. I figure I'll just wrap a couple of things up in preparation
> for my install of Fedora 9 that I will do tomorrow. Check the emails
> posted here and the docs online. I try one of the commands from the
> online docs. It fails. I check that I have it right. I do. I try again.
> it fails. I tweak the command to what I think is likely right. It works.
> Docs online seem to have a typo. Figure I should report it. Hunt down a
> contact. Find docs at fedoraproject.org . Send an email. Email bounces back
> due to address not existing. Now I have two errors in the documentation.
> Check the contact page found previously. Find
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/ . Go to the site thinking "Okay now I'll
> just post these two bug reports and I can go to bed." But lo and behold
> I need to register. TWITCH, TWitCH, twitch, twiTCH.
>
> I understand why leaving the the bug repository open would be very bad.

I might say something here about Debian's bug tracking system but I'm
just too lazy. Suffice it to say a login is not required.

> Any suggestions for other password managers to look at?

I will probably get told off for saying that I use a combination of vi,
grep and middle-click as a password manager.

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child", for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk