[Gllug] Decent Linux/RHEL5-compatible SATA raid card

Garry Heaton garry at heaton6.freeserve.co.uk
Fri May 16 12:53:59 UTC 2008

Can anyone recommend a decent SATA RAID (not fake-raid) card with good
Linux/RHEL5 support? My experience with a Broadcom BC4000 series card left
me disillusioned after even the manufacturer's drivers failed to load with
specified kernel/RHEL versions.

I need something I can rely on for future installations, not a card with
drivers tied to specific kernels and no guarantee of support for future
releases. Preferably not much over £200 either.

Garry
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk